Sindy is a British fashion doll created by Pedigree Dolls & Toys in 1963. Barbie’s rival. Sindy’s healthy look, wide selection of clothes and accessories made her the best-selling toy in the United Kingdom in 1968 and 1970. In the late 1970s, Hasbro bought the rights to Sindy and redesigned the doll to make it look more American. As a result, the popularity of the doll fell; In addition, Barbie manufacturer Mattel sued for copyright infringement, which was resolved when Hasbro agreed to remake Sindy’s face. During the 1990s, Barbie’s share of the doll market continued to grow, while Sindy’s share declined, leading to Sindy being removed from the list of major retailers in 1997. Hasbro returned the license for the doll to Pedigree, and the doll was relaunched in 1999, produced by Vivid Imaginations. In 2003, Sindy’s 40th anniversary was marked by a new manufacturer, New Moons, and another relaunch and redesign.
- 1986 – A new Sindy doll with a new face and a brighter smile appeared on store shelves.
- – 1991 – Sindy changes again to look more like ’90s pop stars.
- 2005 – The launch of Sindy Petite makes it the smallest fashion doll in the world.
- 2007 – Release of the latest 11-inch Sindy model
- – 2009 – With the death of Woolworths, Sindy disappears from the shops on Main Street
Now, british fashion doll Sindy is back!
Britain’s best-selling and most beloved iconic fashion doll is back and more gorgeous than ever, and Sindy’s limited-edition collectible collection is now available to order.
Inspired by Sindy’s original sculpture and her distinctive oblique look, she is timeless and special.
A 10-inch-diameter doll with a fully articulated body, curved waist and silky hair and soft-rooted eyelashes makes it a dream purchase for any collector.
- Sindy’s new face was inspired by the original sculpture
- Each Sindy doll has been designed to have a wide variety of movements, as well as look aesthetically pleasing in the pose thanks to a new articulated body with a curved waist, articulated arms, wrists and legs.
- Each doll has excellent rooted nylon hair that can be easily styled, and the eyes have rooted eyelashes, just like the original Sindy dolls.
- All outfits are made according to the highest standard, and on the side there is a label in the form of hearts of silver and pink colors in the form of the letter S.
- The bags are beautifully made with working zippers and buttons, and are also decorated with gold Sindy logos.
- Shoes are made individually, so each shoe is suitable for the right and left foot and looks and feels like “real” shoes. Laces on ties, tiny stitches on artificial leather and beautiful finish – all this gives the doll a very high-quality appearance.
- The dolls’ makeup has been updated to include different eye colors and make the doll according to current fashion trends. Metal jewelry includes realistic pearls, diamonds and gold chains to create a high quality feeling.
- The pale pink and silver box is beautifully decorated, and every detail, right down to the tissue paper, was created to complete the magic when the box is open.
- The doll comes with a collector’s credit card with an individual number, so each doll is unique.
- The doll is released in a limited edition and only 1963 dolls of each style are released.
Each Sindy doll comes with nostalgic heart-shaped Sindy tokens inside the box. If all six dolls are bought, then a set of tokens can be exchanged for a beautiful silver bracelet with Sindy pendants, which will again be displayed in the corresponding field.